Tuesday 26 May 2015

WALKING FOR WALKING

It was a Bank Holiday last Monday in United Kingdom.
Around 7.30am I had the entire park practically for myself, enjoying the freshness in the air, feeling the gentle wind on my face and the dew in the fields.
I love to nordic walk early morning in a cool atmosphere as the air is cleaner and it gives my lungs a rich source of fresh oxygen.
Made a few stops by the green fields for my breathing exercise.

The path to my sanctuary.......
Walking in natural environments like in a park, garden or forest have  a greater effect on health and well-being.

The Lungs of London

I was walking to meet my date but obviously my date was late.
Alas, there she was,  still in a daze.
How could she mistakenly thought the distance from Carnaby Street to Kensington Gardens is a short distance?
Whew....she really had a long long walk to meet her date.

Here comes my date.....

Nordic walking involves not only muscles from your lower body but also from your arms, that is, your bicep, tricep, the pectorals and upper back in order to move the poles. It'll also lift off the weight from your knees.
This nordic exercise is currently being promoted as a form of  walking exercise that has greater benefits than regular walking.


It's spring, fresh grass all around, the warm sunlight,

the pretty small sweet blooms....

the chirpy bird.......

and the lovely daffodils against the tall willowy weeds
make it a serene surrounding to walk to enjoy nature.


We were walking on grass most of the time.
I personally like to gaze at green grass and green trees which is known to improve eyesight.
  The fresh smell of grass can be calming and energising.


With the waters and the ducks...

Just walking in the warmth of sunlight supplies vitamin D to our body.
Sunlight is a great source of healing energies and  provides vitality.

In this park,  I do see many walkers and they walk for all sorts of reasons.
Fitness walkers walk to stay in shape. Dog walkers walk to enjoy the company of a companionable dog(s). Office workers walk to work across the park and there are the sociable walkers walk for the pleasures of good talk.

Everyone walks at some stage of the day but I do hope a little effort is taken to turn your time into a health walk.

With the stunning landscape of the Italian Gardens...
When you're with nature, never hesitate to stop to admire or take a shot or a video if anything beautiful catches your eye.

  A beautiful view evokes pleasant feelings.......


Put your best foot forward, walk for better health by spending time in the green spaces, gardens, parks, forests and soon you'll notice the difference in your mind and body.




~  WALKING IS THE WORLD'S  OLDEST EXERCISE AND TODAY'S MODERN MEDICINE.

By  Johnny Wowk

2 comments:

  1. Yes . Walking and cycling best for uplifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely, cycling is beneficial as well. Will not forget my reminiscence of cycling days during teenage years.

    ReplyDelete

I love opinions, support, feedback and most importantly, hearing your story!