Monday 5 July 2010

MY YOGA EXPERIENCE WITH NATURE

Woke up 5am this morning, walked towards Kensington Park and straight on to Hyde Park. I must  praise the city of London for having such beautiful parks to compliment it and for the locals and visitors to withdraw from the hustle and bustle of overcrowded London.  The lush green trees, plants, open fields and gardens are the lungs of the city .

I am very fortunate to be staying  around the vicinity of both parks and  so to  ignore the greens  and not  to breathe in the fresh air  in the park is a great shame.

There I was this morning and as I walked interacting  with the beautiful greens, flowers, birds, ducks wading in the lake, I felt so so good to be part of nature.  You know I discovered that connecting yoga with nature is a gratifying extension of my current practice. Since my last yoga retreat, I began to realize  my enjoyment and connection with the outdoors having in mind that yoga emphasizes on creating a more mindful existence.


MOUNTAIN POSE (TADASANA)
I stood still ,secured and steady as a mountain. I focused and listened to my breathing, expanding my lungs as I breathed in.



STANDING TALL
I stood tall interacting with the tree behind me



 TO DISRESS






CHAIRPOSE



VARIATIONS OF WARRIOR POSES


















FORWARD EXTENSION LEG WIDE APART
I breathed in and looked forward..




I bend with palm flat and head relaxed towards ground..



DOWNWARD DOG
Nowadays I feel at ease practising this asana...





CONNECTING  WITH ANIMALS
Hyde Park, if you have been there you would have seen the little tiny furry squirrel- like animals.
Well, I had a surprise companion this morning  who joined me for my yoga practice.....who ???   only this cute little squirrel ( its not squirrel , not sure of its name) who was totally so unafraid of  humans and welcomed my presence...have a look...perhaps it was watching me all the time and not wanting to lose out my little companion performed 2 poses with pride  to show off.......LOL
STANDING POSE




DOWNWARD CLIMBING POSE ???   LOL
Is there such a posture  haha!




Fusing yoga with nature is one great way to escape stress, invigorates the body and nurture the soul.

LET NATURE BE YOUR TEACHER
      ~     by William Wordsworth

0 comments:

Post a Comment

I love opinions, support, feedback and most importantly, hearing your story!