Saturday 10 July 2010

SEEING THE WORLD UPSIDE-DOWN WITH MY RECOMMENDED YOGA POSE

How do you like to see the world upside-down?
Well, you can do that with my favourite and recommended yoga asana which I practise daily without fail - its THE FORWARD EXTENSION LEGS WIDE APART
THE FUN SIDE
I personally find it very interesting, fun  and in fact natural like a newborn baby to view images - trees, buildings, people etc.. from a different angle, watching the world go by upside down!!  Try it and you will know what I mean.
Why like a baby?  Did you know that newborn babies see  the world upside-down?  They begin to focus only about 2 months and over a period of 8 months they learn to turn the images right-side up.
And...I am sure you do know that the images formed on your retina are upside-down too.  Your brain, the brilliant and fantastic tool , then works hard to make sure you see the images right-side up.

THE SERIOUS SIDE
Forward extension legs wide apart has a great effect on your body, it helps to improve your posture and circulation. What I normally do is after the practise of this asana I would lightly pat  my face sort of massaging it. This helps to firm and tone up the facial muscles , giving the FOUNTAIN OF YOUTH!!
So why wait, get cracking and make it your  habit to incorporate this pose in your daily yoga practice to look a few years younger!!

I had a good laugh when I heard this reply from a cheeky guy who replied on my topic of seeing the world upside-down......

"I see upside down.....its great for looking up skirts!"  LOL

A YOGA POSE A DAY KEEPS THE DOCTOR AWAY!


3 comments:

  1. I dropped by from Susie Jefferson's blog, 1st Floor Flat, to say, Happy Pink Saturday! I see that you've got on the requisite pink in that shot.

    I have always wanted to do yoga. I try to yoga breathe, and it truly does help.

    Happy Pink Saturday to you...

    XO,

    Sheila :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sheila, Happy Pink Saturday to you too! I have always wanted to join Beverley's Pink Saturday but never got to do it. Will sign in to have some fun with all of you jovial bloggers.

    Thanks for dropping by my new blog, launched a week ago. I started of with my art blog and somehow love blogging.

    Please keep up with your yoga breathing, it really helps, calms your mind and takes your stress away.

    Love your blog, a lot to learn from you.

    Feel awesome to have a visitor from the States, would love to be your friend.

    Hugs.

    toh ee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved your post - fascinating facts about babies. I never knew we all see upside down! Maybe because we are laid flat in our prams and everyone leans over, going 'Who's a pretty baby' etc?

    Yes, do join in Pink Saturday - it's a lot of fun.

    ReplyDelete

I love opinions, support, feedback and most importantly, hearing your story!